We are looking for an Area Director of Sales to support our brand new Wood Spring Suites hotels around Seattle.
Summary: The Area Director of Sales is an experienced self-starter responsible for the success of Woodspring Suites Hotels within the market. Proactive sales solicitation, qualification skills and relationship building to deliver sustainable results are key to success. It is preferred that applicants have a robust portfolio of contacts in the Puget Sound market to facilitate prospecting activities. A strong skill set to create personal relationships and strategic partnerships is essential, as well as making outside sales calls in the market.
- Initiate and implement sales campaigns to include research, qualification promotions, event coordination, advertising, public relations and social media planning
- Develop a comprehensive sales plan and forecast
- Drive sales through; leads and inquiries, outside sales calls, obtaining new business accounts, conduct site tours, and network with the local business community
- Reduce each property’s dependence on OTAs to below 20% of monthly revenue on average
- Make daily sales calls, set up in person meetings with companies, and provide sales tours of properties.
- Develop and deliver presentations and public speaking materials
- Proactive, organized, and detailed with a “lead by example” work ethic
- Initiate and maintain a direct and aggressive sales effort to meet budgeted goals and achieve occupancy, RevPAR and growth while minimizing dependence on OTAs
- Train DM, GM, and staff on local negotiated accounts and sales objectives
- Partner with Choice and HMC leadership on a regular basis to review and update 30/60/90 day forecasting to exceed goals
- Current book of sales and market knowledge needed to effectively create sales plans to generate business
- Evaluate current performance, group pace and update monthly Sales Action Plans to target underperforming properties and/or capitalize on new opportunities
- Utilize your relationship with competitor counterparts to identify market trends and opportunities
- Maintain sales database and provide weekly reports to management/ownership
- Meet and develop a relationship with all clients with heavy emphasis on in person meetings to create lasting relationships
- Maintain active involvement in local chamber, county/city CVB, volunteer for special events/committees to develop and maintain a positive and professional reputation in the community
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent hospitality sales industry experience with a focus on extended stay brand(s).
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in sales and marketing
- Excellent communication, oral and written skills; positive attitude, self-starter with strong initiative and competitive mind set with a passion for the hotel business
- Advanced working knowledge of all Office products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Please apply at hotelmc.net.