Last week, nearly 1,000 business and civic leaders from across our region gathered to celebrate the start of the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s 136th year. While the Seattle metro area has seen a lot of change over the years, the Chamber’s commitment to being a regional leadership entity that empowers and supports our socially, geographically, culturally, and politically diverse business community and cultivates a unified voice remains as strong as ever.
The Chamber's top accomplishments for the 2017-2018 program year were:
- Seamless transition of leadership to Marilyn Strickland, our new president and CEO
- Held our inaugural Elevate NW conference for small and mid-size businesses, attended by 300+ people
- Grew membership to over 2,400 members, highest since the recession
- Activated the business community and the public to demand accountability and results from the Seattle City Council, leading to the repeal of Seattle’s job tax
- Helped elect Mayor Jenny Durkan by raising over $1 million for CASE, our political action committee
This year’s Annual Meeting, “The Business of Doing Good,” highlighted an important aspect of 21st century leadership: how business is a force for good in our community.
Highlights of the event included:
Listen to key segments through the links above, and check out more coverage of the Annual Meeting in The Seattle Times and GeekWire.
Thank you to our 136th Annual Meeting sponsors for helping to make the event such a success!
Thanks to our presenting sponsor:
Thanks to our featured sponsors:
Thanks to our event sponsors: