is the new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program at the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
Recalibrate: Connect I Reflect is our structured networking event where attendees will have the opportunity to connect with other people who are interested in DEI topics while reflecting on the topic of the previous symposium.
Our initial structured networking event will focus on Building an Organizational Commitment to DEI. There can be a gap between organizations who are just engaged in DEI work and organizations who are committed. An organization that is committed to DEI work has the following:
- Buy in and sponsorship from the leadership team
- An appropriate budget to support programs and initiatives
- Financially compensated DEI professionals to provide help in consulting, planning and executing the work
How does it work?
- Our event host will kick off the event by asking the group a question revolving around how to define diversity, equity, and inclusion at your workplace.
- Then, guests will be sent into breakout rooms
- While in the breakout room, guests will introduce themselves, then have a conversation with each other concerning the question.
- We will do three rounds of questions, breaking into small groups each time and having conversations about the question.
The goal of the Recalibrate programs is to provide chamber members with a deeper understanding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion topics while providing information on DEI best practices.