The Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce is the largest and most diverse business and employer association in the region. Founded in 1882 by local business leaders, the Chamber today is an independent organization representing 2,200 companies and a regional workforce of approximately 700,000.
The Chamber is governed by a board of trustees comprised of executives from member companies.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Flying Fish Partners
2018-19 Incoming Chair
President & CEO
President & CEO
Chamber of Commerce
Approximately 2,200 companies are members of the Chamber. Of these, nearly 80 percent are small businesses with less than 100 employees. One-third are micro-enterprises with 10 employees or less.
Geographically, the Seattle Metro Chamber's reach extends throughout the four-county region. Membership is open to any organization with an interest in doing business in the Seattle metropolitan area.
We seek an economically vibrant and globally competitive Seattle region where businesses can flourish and everyone has the opportunity to succeed and to access a thriving quality of life.
The Chamber engages the innovation and entrepreneurship of its members to advance economic prosperity, advocate for a vital business environment, and build sustainable and healthy communities in the Seattle region.
What We Believe
At the Chamber, we believe that the business community thrives when the whole community is healthy, and the community thrives when employers are successful. A healthy community is one in which the economy is prospering, no one is left behind and our environment and quality of life are thriving.
Our region must focus on being globally competitive if we are to ensure that this is the best possible place for companies and their employees. In addition to providing jobs and opportunity, our region's businesses are problem-solvers, using their world-class innovation and creativity to address some of our community’s biggest challenges so that our region can stay affordable, accessible, safe and welcoming for all.
How we achieve it:
- We advocate for policies that benefit the business environment at the local, state and federal levels.
- We convene and build coalitions around issues the business community cares about.
- We provide a one-stop shop for all the tools businesses need to grow.
- We produce exceptional programs that provide networking, professional development, and policy education for the business community.
- We champion projects, initiatives and people that make our region a great place to live, work and raise a family.
2016-2017 Key Achievements
Accomplishments from our 2016-2017 program year are below. For a historical look and facts you might not know about the Chamber, see our
Encouraging Sustainable Economic Prosperity
- Brokered agreement with labor and the City Council to avoid head tax as source of funds for Office of Labor Standards
- Recruited candidates and actively working on Mayoral and City Council races
- Mobilized small business voices in Downtown, SLU, and the U-District to help pass upzones (HALA)
- Launched the Aerospace Works for Washington coalition, that helped keep the Aerospace Tax Credits in Place
- Rallied neighborhood businesses and partners to flood council with emails and calls, which helped stop the encampment legislation
- Worked to successfully pass ST3, and ensure funding stayed intact through the legislative session
Grew the 100% Talent initiative to over 40 signatory companies
- Helped pass a bi-partisan statewide Paid Family Leave solution
Leading the Way
- 13,000 business community members participated in the Chamber’s events and programs
- Record-breaking 313 attendees at the Regional Leadership Conference
- 9 neighborhood roundtables brought together small businesses and councilmembers
- 79 events held at member venues
- Featured over 50 company leaders at the industry focused Executive Speakers Series Program
- Expanded youth employment by securing internship commitments from 35 new companies at the Education Workshop (in partnership with Seattle Region Partnership)
- Provided networking and programming to +1,000 young professionals on the topics of Community, Leadership, and Connections
Growing and Developing the Chamber
- Grew our membership to 2,280 members
- Grew reciprocal members to 364
- Hosted 211 events for external members and partners at the Microsoft Events Center
- Prioritized diversity through Structured Conversations on Race and increased outreach activities
- Member Savings Toolkit launched providing immediate benefits for joining
Local and National
If you have a press inquiry, please contact:
VP, Marketing and Communications
Phone: (206) 389-7262
International Press Contact
The Chamber is affiliated with the International Press Center (IPC) Seattle. IPC Seattle assists visiting foreign journalists in setting up interviews, making contacts throughout the region and conducting research assistance.For more information, please contact:
Email: Samantha Paxton
Phone: (206) 389-7319
Chamber staff includes subject matter experts in many areas, from small business and professional development to policy and political issues. Meet our team.