Achieving gender equity is essential to the Seattle Metro Chamber’s vision of a globally competitive region where businesses can flourish and everyone has access to a thriving quality of life. When women participate in the workplace equally, 100% of our local talent is empowered to innovate and grow business—and billions of dollars are put to work in the economy.
There are two complementary ways for both businesses and individuals to join in on our gender equity work:
- Our Women in Business and Leadership Initiative (WIBLI), focuses on how individuals can create change for themselves and their communities around gender equity issues, and make connections with other professionals who are passionate about taking action.
- 100% Talent, a joint initiative of the Chamber and Women’s Funding Alliance, is a voluntary effort to engage regional employers in highlighting best practices for the workplace and learn from one another in effectively tackling the gender wage gap.
Through these programs, we build a community of employers and individuals committed to expanding opportunities for women to grow and succeed by:
- Showing why gender equity is an economic imperative. Our region has a long way to go: today, in King County, full-time working women make just 76 cents for every dollar earned by their male counterparts.
- Shining a light on success stories. We inspire our community by celebrating employers and people who move the needle.
- Equipping employers and individuals to take action. We highlight best practices and bring in subject matter experts so that participants get tangible tools they can apply as individuals and in the workplace.
- Facilitating connections so that employers and individuals can continue learning from each other at events, such as 100% Talent’s Signatory Roundtables and Wage Gap Summit, and our WIBLI Symposiums and “21” Lunches.
TAKE ACTION THIS WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH
We invite you to join us in taking action on gender equity! You and your business can get involved in a number of ways:
- Nominate a company or individual advancing gender equity in our region for our WIBLI Awards. Nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10.
- Sign on to 100% Talent: Add your company or organization to the list of employers who have made the pledge to do their part for gender equity and reducing the gender wage gap.
- Attend our WIBLI Awards, taking place at the Westin Seattle from 12:00-1:30 p.m. on April 6.
- Register for the inaugural 100% Talent Wage Gap Summit on May 23, where we’ll dive into the latest wage gap data, highlight success stories from around the region and country, and provide opportunities for idea-sharing.
For more information about WIBLI Programs, please contact Kayla DeMonte, the Chamber’s director of programs and partnerships.
For more information about 100% Talent, please contact Emma Mayberry, our director of Gender Equity Initiatives and 100% Talent.